Notes from Ms. Whiz
November 2, 2017
- Mighty Moose: Congratulations to our Mighty Moose, Mariah!
- Literacy Update – Our new Book Club book is “Good Night, Good Knight.” Students will focus on homonyms in this delightful story about a knight who helps a family of baby dragons. Our focus on reading is comprehension and understanding the intentional use of homonyms in this story.
- Our skills focus is editing and rewriting complete sentences. Parents can help at home by having your child write a sentence for their spelling words and presenting them with a sentence with errors in it and ask them to correct the sentence and rewrite the sentence correctly.
- *If your child goes with Mr. Schmidt for literacy you should see spelling words coming home on Monday
- Math Update – Students completed the geometry unit and will take a pre-assessment for unit 3, solving story problems with unknown addition or subtraction.
Spelling and Reading: Please practice your spelling words and reading fluency each week. As a reminder, we will have a spelling test each Friday. It is not necessary for students to return the Superkids spelling or fluency pages to school.
Help us keep our classroom a dedicated “Learning Zone.” Remind your child to leave toys and chewing gum at home. We have had problems with gum getting in our carpet and student notebooks. Thank you for your support!
Upcoming Dates – mark these on your calendar
November 3rd No School
November 6th – 10th Conferences – If you have any questions about your conference day or time, please contact me,
November 10th Passion Projects
November 17th Birthday Celebrations and Ms. C’s last day
November 20th – 24th Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL
Whizkids Homework Due 11/10/17
Using an even number of circles, rectangles, and triangles, make a picture of a mammal.
Use different even numbers for each shape.
Write a descriptive sentence about your mammal.